Wanted: Equality in STEM Female Role Models
We have set up the Equality in STEM network to inspire, support and develop women in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) sectors. As part of this, we have created a monthly column to profile women already working in these sectors, so that we can highlight role models and raise awareness of the diversity of the roles available.
We promote this on the Equality in STEM blog and social media, along with running this as a monthly column with our media partner, unLTD magazine which is distributed across South Yorkshire to an audience of 5,000 businesses.
Female Role Models: Q&A Column
If you would like to be featured as one of our Female Role Models, or would like to nominate a friend or colleague, please answer the following questions and return to Jackie Cook, Founder, Equality in STEM on [email protected]
- Please supply a picture of yourself to accompany the profile, your company logo and company website;
- What is your current role?
- What does that involve, look like on a day-to-day basis?
- How did you get started working in STEM?
- What qualifications did you take or gain along the way?
- Why do you love working in STEM?
- What challenges have you faced in your career? And how have you overcome them?
- What advice would you offer for someone joining the STEM sectors?
- What do we need to do as an industry to attract and keep more women in STEM?
To download our Q&A column template click here.